To apply for Fellowship, please see the criteria and application below. You may forward your application for Fellowship to the Membership Department for processing. All complete applications will be processed in six to eight weeks. Upon approval of your application, you will receive a letter indicating that you may use your Fellowship - FASGE designation. You will also receive a certificate along with a FASGE pin.
For questions regarding the FASGE program, please contact the Membership Department at (866) 353-ASGE (2743), (630) 573-0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Fellowship
Fellowship in the ASGE is intended to recognize individuals who have made significant contributions to the Society, through service or education, or to the field of endoscopy. Guidelines listed below are suggested as a minimum criteria to support application. The Membership Committee will review applications for FASGE, placing the highest emphasis on the quality and breadth of contribution to gastrointestinal endoscopy.
In accordance with the 2019 ASGE Bylaws, the following are requirements for Fellowship:
- Active or International Member for at least five (5) years beyond completion of training.
- Active Members must have initial board certification in adult or pediatric gastroenterology
- Significant scientific contributions to the field of gastrointestinal endoscopy as evidenced by:
- Significant scientific contributions to the field of endoscopy; or
- Significant contributions to education in endoscopy on the international, national, state, or regional level; or
- Significant service to ASGE (minimum requirement is successful service on one ASGE committee as attested by the committee chair; or
- Contributions to endoscopy at the local level beyond an individual’s practice of gastroenterology and thirty (30) hours of CME related to gastrointestinal endoscopy in the last five (5) years, including at least two (2) ASGE-sponsored courses.
- Two letters of recommendation.
Active applicants: two letters of recommendation are required from two FASGE members in good membership standing.
International applicants: one letter of recommendation must be from a FASGE member in good standing, and the second letter of recommendation may be from someone who serves in a leadership position in gastroenterology (i.e., chief of GI, president of GI society) from the applicant’s respective country.
- Current Curriculum Vitae must be included with application.
- The FASGE designation requires individuals to maintain ASGE membership in good standing. Should membership lapse for any reason, the individual will lose the privilege to use the FASGE designation and will be required to relinquish the designation immediately.
View a list of current ASGE Fellows
ASGE Fellow application